Saturday, March 7, 2015

{BABY} Week 39...

Well, it's week 39 plus 1 day... and no baby in sight.  Nothing, nada, zip at the doctor (Friday) so she is having me go in to the hospital on Monday (3.9) to get a NST (non-stress test) and some gels to help move this process along.  We are shooting for my due date which is Friday, March 13th.  Yep, Friday the 13th!


How big is baby: At our last ultrasound at 37 weeks she was 7 pounds and is growing an ounce a day…. Supposedly from here on out my belly shouldn't get much bigger. We will see about that. It gets bigger by the hour if you ask me. Oh, and at my last appointment everything was measuring on time again.

Other sites say she is the size of a watermelon... 

Maternity clothes: I swear I will miss my maternity jeans.  They have become like a second skin and I am not sure what I will do without them.

Sleep: Ehh. Not so great, I am so congested and my own snoring wakes me up and I've been waking up one or two times a night to use the bathroom.

Best moment of the week: Everything is done and ready for the baby.  Everything. 

Food cravings: None, I am so excited though to eat like a normal person again without thinking about what’s on my “do not eat” list. 

However, I am not sure if this is a craving but I LOVE the crushed ice at Circle K and make Brad go twice a day for a free refill.  The workers must think he is a freak!!!

Food aversions: None, as evidenced by my weight gain.

Symptoms: Sore SWOLLEN feet.  Stiff, tingling and swollen fingers. 

Labor Signs: None.  Last week I thought it was time, but no it was dehydration.  I now carry around a huge plastic jug of water and ice at all times.

What I'm looking forward to: Having this baby!!! 

What I miss: Sleeping on my back and stomach.  And being able to use my hands properly – the stiffness is insane.

Next appt: Monday, Tuesday and Friday.  I see the doctor’s office staff so often I know all about their lives.  Brad can now read NST results and translate the majority of the info before some of the staff.  Can we put this on our resumes?
NST Test

Baby items purchased: Have purchased almost everything off our registry, aside from the breast pump (the hospital provides it). My baby to-do list is complete.  We picked a pediatrician but now since we have time we might interview another one since he is from Indiana.  Brad also finalized putting together the swing from Cindy and Mike... a couple days, redos and assortment of batteries later, we are good to go! It's like a spaceship for babies! 



Other: We got Reggie groomed to remove a lot of his extra fur.  He looks very pretty! 
Since, the baby is not coming this weekend we decided to have Jon over for Friday and Saturday night... 

So, what date do you think she will make her debut?  I am hoping for Friday night.  Brad wants March 11th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment